Thomson Reuters is the leading source of business intelligence, technology and expertise. With the introduction of a new European financial legislation, MiFID II, they needed to inform their clients in an accessible, engaging way on a range of substantial challenges and global implications for the financial industry. This campaign needed to position Thomson Reuters as the solution and thought leader in this space, turning the challenge into a considerable commercial advantage.
How we did it
The campaign needed to do what no other organisation was attempting; to take the varied and complex implications of MiFID, and turn them into a cogent customer-first message.
Having worked with Thomson Reuters for almost a decade, our team assessed the challenges they faced when launching new products and services. We discovered that although the brand has exceptional governance, it was often campaign concepts or creative articulations which failed to grasp customers.
We established a creative steering group, composed of strategists, designers, UX specialists, and marketers. Through a facilitated collaborative programme of workshops and meetings, we worked alongside their expert stakeholders, and created a multi-channel audience-led campaign.
Copy and imagery used throughout focused on demystifying the MiFID II landscape, illustrating the challenges with beautiful imagery, moving through natural and manmade lines and pathways through inspiring vistas. The creative imagery ties directly into thought-leadership focus, marrying the regulatory path customers must follow, until they not only identify the challenge but surpass it. This is a disruptive step away from the overuse of water-based imagery in the regulation market, focusing on positive outcomes, not imperatives.
The strategy and creative wrapper was applied globally across multichannel elements including print, digital, social and PR.
What we did
We did something no other organisation was doing with MiFID II. We took the issues and turned them into a clear narrative for customers. With our campaign ‘The Line’, we identified a strategic creative route to market for Thomson Reuters to own, before competitors could act. Thomson Reuters were then able to communicate the new legislation to their clients and partners with complete transparency, clarity and cohesiveness.
What we delivered
- Creative campaign development
- Campaign and marketing activity strategy
- User experience and thought leadership strategy
- Brand communications toolkit and assets
- 44,000+ leads generated, with 100s marketing qualified leads
- 297 form submissions since launch
- 60,188 site visitors in total since January 2017 – visitors increased three-fold between January and March (from 3k to 9k per month)
- 800% increase of organic social impressions in April 2017
- Mentions and retweets increased by 500% in April 2017
- MiFiD II roadshows were attended by 1,200 registered attendees across 12 major European cities, leading to 129 potential leads
- 25% of all global MiFID II social conversation driven by Thomson Reuters in April 2017
- Winner of ‘Best Corporate Campaign’ at the Gramercy Financial Content Marketing Awards 2017
- Finalists for ‘Best Use of Creative’ and ‘Best Lead Nurturing Campaign’ at the B2B Marketing Awards 2017